Celebrating 125 years 1887 - 2012
The Province of Worcestershire is most fortunate in possessing the finest collection of Masonic items in the English Constitution, other than that belonging to Grand Lodge itself. Our thanks will forever be owed to W.Bro. George Taylor, P.G.St.B., P.M. 1874, whose zealous enthusiasm and generosity was the foundation of what we have today.
The Library and Museum was formed towards the end of the last century and presently comprises over 3,500 manuscripts, books and publications, many jewels, medals and tokens, numerous pictures and engravings, examples of china, glass, wood, aprons and clothing. The exhibits represent many countries and languages, and embrace a wide range from 'operative' periods to the current practices.
There are many interesting items, held in high regard by our Order, of which Companions should be aware. For those Chapter’s seeking to add to their programme, the Library contains numerous historical talks that may be obtained from the Curator.
The Library and Museum is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. to Masons and members of the general public alike, with disabled access facilities also provided. Visits may be made on other days by prior arrangement with the Curator John Tapson. Email John Tapson firstname.lastname@example.org Website worcestermasonicmuseum.co.uk Map Masonic Hall, Rainbow Hill, Worcester WR8 8LY.