- CONVOCATIONS. The Annual Convocation of Provincial Grand Chapter shall, be held at a date and time to be fixed by the Grand Superintendent, and at such place as may be appointed by him. At this Convocation the election of the Provincial Grand Treasurer and the appointment of the Provincial Grand Officers and all other requisite appointments and elections shall take place. A report on the state of Royal Arch masonry in the Province shall be given by the Provincial Grand Scribe E.
- VISITORS. Companions, not being members of Provincial Grand Chapter, providing they be subscribing members to some Chapter, may, by permission of the Grand Superintendent, be present, but they cannot vote and may only take part in the discussion when
requested by the Grand Superintendent to do so.
- FEES The following fees or dues shall be payable to provincial Grand Chapter Funds:
Registration of a new Chapter £50.00
For every Dispensation £10.00
DUES. In respect of each of its subscribing members, whether in arrears or not, every Chapter in the Province shall pay to the Provincial Grand Chapter ANNUAL DUES of £10 or such lesser amount as Provincial Grand Chapter shall, in Annual Convocation, decide by resolution after notice on the Summons.
Registration on Exaltation £10.00
Registration on Joining £10.00
- FEES. On Provincial Appointment.
Every Companion, on his First Appointment to an Acting Provincial Office or to Past Provincial Grand Rank shall immediately pay to Provincial Grand Chapter Funds a Registration Fee of £ 25.00 Every Companion on his promotion to a Past Provincial Grand Rank shall pay a Registration Fee of £ 10.00
- PROPERTY OF PROVINCIAL GRAND CHAPTER. The Regalia, Clothing, Insignia, Jewels, etc. belong to and are the property of the Provincial Grand Chapter, and are in the care of the Provincial Grand Scribe E., who shall sign an Inventory prior to the Annual Convocation of Provincial Grand Chapter for inclusion in the Minutes. Every Provincial Grand Officer for the time being shall be
responsible for the safe custody of the Jewel of his Office and shall return it prior to or at the Annual Convocation of Provincial Grand Chapter in accordance with the instructions of the Provincial Grand Scribe E.
- PROVINCIAL GRAND TREASURER. Nominations for the Office of Provincial Grand Treasurer shall be communicated in writing to the Provincial Grand Scribe E. not less than six months before the Annual Convocation of Provincial Grand Chapter, when his election shall take place and his duties commence. Should two or more candidates be nominated, the elections shall be by ballot. In the
event of equality of votes, the presiding Officer shall have a casting vote.
Should there be no previous nominations as herein provided, the Presiding Officer shall nominate a Companion for election by Provincial Grand Chapter.
In the event of a vacancy in the Office of Provincial Grand Treasurer by death or otherwise, the Grand Superintendent shall appoint a Companion to act until the next Annual Convocation.
All sums of money belonging to Provincial Grand Chapter shall be deposited to such Bank as shall be agreed in Provincial Grand Chapter. All cheques up to a limit of £1000 shall be signed by anyone of the Grand Superintendent, his Deputy, the Provincial Grand Treasurer, or the Provincial Grand Scribe E. and in the case of an amount in excess of £1 ,000, by any TWO signatories.
THE ACCOUNTS shall be audited annually by two members of Provincial Grand Chapter, who shall be appointed at the Annual Convocation. They shall sign the accounts and may report to the Grand Superintendent on any matter connected therewith.
A copy of the audited accounts shall be sent to each member of the Provincial Grand Chapter with the Notice summoning the Annual Convocation, and to the Scribe E of every Chapter in the Province.
The Provincial Grand Treasurer shall present the audited accounts at the Annual Convocation of the Provincial Grand Chapter.
- PROVINCIAL GRAND SCRIBE E. The Provincial Grand Scribe E shall issue to the Members of Provincial Grand Chapter not less than four weeks before each Convocation Summonses which shall notify the business to be transacted. He shall attend all such Convocations and make Minutes of all transactions, which shall be inscribed in a book to be kept by him for that purpose.
He shall send forms of the Annual and other Returns required by Provincial Grand Chapter to the Scribe E of each Chapter in the Province not less than thirty days prior to the Installation Convocation in each year, and shall make an analysis of such Returns for the information of the Grand Superintendent.
- RETURNS. The First Principal of every Chapter in the Province, shall upon his Installation, supply to the Provincial Grand Scribe E. a copy of their Annual Returns supplied to Supreme Grand Chapter. A Provincial Return to be made on the forms provided, together with the dues payable thereon. A copy of the Annual Statement of the Accounts of the Chapter and the Charity Accounts showing the details of Charities receiving donations.
- NEGLECT TO MAKE RETURNS. Should any Chapter neglect to make returns for the space of two calendar months after the same have become due, It will be liable for Admonition by the M.E. Grand Superintendent.
- ORDER IN PROVINCIAL GRAND CHAPTER. All members shall remain in their places except the Provincial Grand Scribe E, Provincial Grand Director of Ceremonies, his Deputy and Assistants, and the Provincial Grand Stewards, who are allowed to move about in the discharge of their duties.
Every Companion who speaks shall rise and remain standing, addressing himself to the Grand Superintendent, and he shall not be interrupted, unless by a Companion addressing the Grand Superintendent on a point of order, or unless the Grand Superintendent shall himself think fit to call the speaker to order.
No Companion shall speak twice on the same question, unless in explanation, save for the mover of a resolution who shall have the right to conclude the debate.
- PROVINCIAL GRAND CHAPTER FUNDS. The cost of conducting the affairs of Provincial Grand Chapter shall be a first charge on the Revenue thereof.
- PRIVATE CHAPTER SUMMONS. The First Principal of each Chapter shall cause such number of copies of the Summons of every Convocation of his Chapter as the Provincial Grand Scribe E shall request from time to time to be forwarded to the Provincial Office of the Provincial Grand Chapter immediately on publication for circulation by the Provincial Grand Scribe E to the Grand Superintendent, the Deputy Grand Superintendent, the Second and Third Provincial Grand Principals, the Provincial Grand Director of Ceremonies, and the Provincial Grand Scribe E.
- COMMUNICATIONS TO THE GRAND SUPERINTENDENT. All applications and communications from Private Chapters to the Grand Superintendent shall be made in writing and addressed to the Provincial Grand Scribe E.
- RA REGULATIONS, PROVINCIAL GRAND CHAPTER BY-LAWS, AND PRIVATE CHAPTER BY-LAWS. Every newly installed First Principal shall be presented with the Regulations of the Supreme Grand Chapter as contained in the (Book of Constitutions), together with the By-Laws of Provincial Grand Chapter and the By-Laws of his Chapter. A copy of the Royal Arch Regulations, together with the By-Laws of the Chapter shall be presented to each Candidate on his exaltation.
- ALTERATION OF PROVINCIAL BY-LAWS. No alteration in, or addition to, these By-Laws shall be made except by Resolution canned at a Convocation of Provincial Grand Chapter by a majority of at least two thirds of the Members present and voting after due notice has been given to the Provincial Grand Scribe E and inserted in the Summons for the Convocation.
At such Convocation, any member of Provincial Grand Chapter present may move an amendment to the alteration proposed, in respect of which not less than 14 days written notice shall have been given to the Provincial Grand Scribe E and such amendment shall be first put to the Convocation, and, if carried, shall then be put as a substantive Resolution provided that the Presiding Officer at such Convocation shall have the discretion either to amend or abridge an amendment before putting it to the Convocation as a substantive Resolution, or to adjourn the proposed amended Resolution to a subsequent Convocation. If the proposed alteration or the amendment thereto shall be agreed to and afterwards confirmed and duly approved by the Most Excellent The First Principal, the Provincial Grand Scribe E shall enter the same in the Book of the By-Laws.
By-Laws and Resolutions passed in the Provincial Grand Chapter shall require no confirmation, except as provided in the Royal Arch Regulations. Download printer copy HERE.
No other business shall be brought forward unless not less than three months notice has been given to the Provincial Grand Scribe E. of an intention to introduce it and notice thereof has been given in the Summons convening the Provincial Grand Chapter. The Grand Superintendent may call such other Convocations of Provincial Grand Chapter as he shall consider necessary from time to time.